A.F. Sandy Forbes Insurance Broker only collects, uses and discloses personal information for the following purposes:
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your personal information with industry associations and insurers
- Analyzing and assessing risks on a prudent basis
- Determining and facilitating you payment of fees and premiums
- Complying with the law or the requests of law enforcement agencies or regulators
- Notifying you or allowing our affiliated companies to notify you of certain products or services offered by us, or our affiliated companies
Your knowledge and consent of A. F. Sandy Forbes Insurance Broker’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal informati is critical. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future personal information practices:
- Your consent solicited by A. F. Sandy Forbes Insurance Broker for a specified purpose
- Your consent given through your authorized representative such as a legal guardian, agent, or holder of Power of Attorney.
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may withdraw this consent at any time. A. F. Sandy Forbes Insurance Broker will inform you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent. In some cases, refusing to provide certain personal information or withdrawing consent for A. F. Sandy Forbes Insurance Broker to collect, use or disclose your personal information could mean that we cannot provide you with insurance coverage or other requested products, services or information. If you wish to withdraw you consent, please notify us by calling 519-653-5650.
A.F. Sandy Forbes Insurance Broker will maintain your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the identified purposes.
A.F. Sandy Forbes Insurance Broker will protect your personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending upon the sensitivity, format, location and storage of the personal information.
Accountability, Openness and Customer Access
Limiting Collection & Retention of Personal Information
A.F. sandy Forbes Insurance Broker will only collect, use or disclose personal information that is necessary for the identified purposes or as required by law. If we require personal information for any other purpose, you will be notified of the new purpose, and subject to your consent, that new purpose will become an identified purpose.
A. F. sandy Forbes Insurance Broker will only collect personal information by fair and lawful means. We will retain personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the identified purpose.
If you are not satisfied with A. F. Sandy Forbes Insurance Broker’s response to a privacy related inquiry or complaint, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada during business hours at 1-800-282-1376 or @ www.privcom.gc.ca.
*In this policy, “customer”, “you”, “your” includes any individual who has requested, applied for or been supplied with prodcusts or services by A. F. sandy Forbes Insurance Broker including any other individual for whom the customer has acted as agent, guardian or representative.